Agile Team Coach Class
Professional Coaching Skills for Agile Team coaches
Limited seats per cohort
Dual track bootcamps for Agile Coach certification
Professional Agile Team Coach
Early Bird €1200
Course Program ICP - ATF & ICP-ACC
Development in the discipline of Agile coaching
- Definition of the role of a coach for Agile Teams
- The Coach as a Role Model
- Achieving essential changes in Mindset
- Achieving self-awareness and self-management
Agile Coach as a mentor
- Giving advice while maintaining presence
- Articulating expertise
- Leaving the customer free to choose
- Contrast between mentoring and coaching
- Giving and receiving feedback
- Conducting the mentoring conversation
- Contracts and agreements
- Articulating expertise and choice to the Team
- Giving and Receiving Feedback
- Contrast between mentoring and coaching
- The Team as a complex system
- Understanding Team maturity and development
- Helping the team develop its path towards high performance
- Observation and how to expose what is happening
- Team development models in use
- Define, identify and target high performance
- Assessing the team as a healthy system
- Adapt your style according to the maturity of the team
Your role as a facilitator and the design of the process
- What is Agile Team Facilitation (and what isn’t)
- The spirit of facilitation
- Definition of Facilitation
- Definition of Agile Team Facilitation
- Define your agile coaching development path
- Assess your ability to serve the team
- Be the facilitator they need
- The Facilitation Mindset
- Create a Collaborative Space
- Definining the Purpose and Outcomes
- Design the Flow
Facilitate agile meetings
- Facilitating the Daily
- Facilitate Retrospective
- Facilitate Sprint Review
- Facilitate Backlog Refinement
- Facilitate sprint planning (Sprint Planning)
Professional Coaching Skills Fundamentals
- Coach as a professional coach
- Emotional intelligence and presence
- Active Listening and Powerful Questions
- Determining the Coaching Question
- Exploration of the subject and its solutions
- Commitment & action plan (GROW, SMART)
- Conducting the coaching conversation
Coaching a Team and its members through Change
- Understanding the impact of change for the team and individuals
- Key Transition challenges for people and teams
- Understanding the individual change cycle
- Key Transitions of Agile Roles
- Identify and address resistance to change
- Conducting a conversation about motivation in change
Creating a space for collaboration
- Starting prepared – Interviewing stakeholders
- Design and prepare meetings
- Conducting a facilitated meeting
- Maintain neutrality
- Staying calm in the storm
- Keep the team’s agenda
- Being the guardian of Agile values
- Facilitating full participation
- Use of meeting organization tools
- Facilitate collaborative conversations
- Clarify the decision-making authority of the team
Coaching a Team and its members through Conflict
- Identifying and helping teams overcome conflict
- Helping teams and facilitators stand tall in the storm
- Working with dysfunctional behaviour in a team
- Coaching teams through challenges, impediments and building selfawaress
- A coach that also directs the team, where is the conflict?
- Solution Focused Team Coaching for conflict resolution
Building Capacity in Teams
- Being an Agile rolemodel when teaching values
- Creating a safe space for mutual learning
- Designing sessions that favour self-learning and discovery
- Reinforcement of self-awareness and self-management capacity within the team
- Coach as a teacher
- Using multiple teaching methods
- How to divide content into digestible pieces
- Check for understanding
- Creating an environment that fosters learning
- Helping team members to experience agile mindset and role changes
- Identifying and capturing impediments and leadership commitment
Online Agile Team Coach
Full Certification Course
Claim 35 CCEU
- Understanding the principles and tools of a Professional Agile Team Coach
- Coach, mentor and facilitate the growth and development of an Agile team with professional coaching skills
- Apply coaching skills in all asoects of the Agile Team Coach profession
- Apply Solutions focussed approach to Coaching, mentoring, training and Facilitation
- Accommodate Agile Transformations on team level
- Receive the ACC-ATF certification delivered by ICAgile
- Receive the ACC-ACC certification delivered by ICAgile
- Receive 35 CCE units for your ICF credential
- The ICAgile ICP – ATF Certificate
- 4 x 3-hour live training sessions with your group
- Lecture, exercises and live discussions in an interactive environment
- Notebook and training material
- Innovative and active learning methods
- The Agile Coach’s tool box to get you started
This class is thaught online using Zoom as our online meeting place where we will discuss, present and experiment with the different stances and roles of an Agile Coach. The Online course delivers the exact same content and at the end you receice the same certificate.
We meet 4 times. Look at the class schedule on the events page to find the right times and date. Some classes are scheduled over 2 days, 4 days or 2 weeks. During our 3 hour online live conference we work towards our goal which is accompanying you to becoming a Certified Agile Team Facilitator.
To ensure high quality training for our students, we decided to limit our online Agile Team Facilitation certification classes to 15 participants.
This course is perfect for
Scrum Masters, Agile coaches, Lean experts, team coach, project managers, managers working in an agile environment.
We would recommend having relevant experience facilitating Agile Teams. This course is open to anyone who wishes to aquire more knowledge about the role of an Agile Team Facilitator.
You will receive your ICP-ATF certificate at the end of our course.
Language : English
Duration : 5-day bootcamp 35 hours
Times: Find your timezone in the events
Certification : ICP-ACC ICP-ATF
Level : Professional
CCE (ICF): 35
PDU’s : 24
Meet our speakers
Passionate about Agile, we work together as a team to deliver meaningful change for our clients. We make it our mission to inspire change with our enthusiasm and knowledge of Organizational Agility.
Hear what others have to say
Frequently Asked Questions
The only difference is the way the content is delivered, meaning that you can follow the online program from your home or office, instead of being present in a class room. We decided to stretch the program over 4 days, which actually gives you more time to practice in between sessions.
Yes. The ICP-ATF certificate issued after the program is exactly the same as the one you would receive after an in-class course. The Certificate doesn’t mention if you followed an online or in-class course.
There are no conditional pre-requisites for this Agile Team Facilitator Certification program. It is however advised to have good working knowledge of at least one Agile framework, and if you have working experience in an agile environment, that would be a plus. But, many people start their journey as a professional coach, or even as a manager. This course will help you take up your new role as an Agile Team Coach
No. The ICP-ATF Agile Certification course is a knowledge based certification program. This means that the course is designed to cover all the learning objectives required by ICAgile. We ask you to keep your camera on and have a good working microphone so you can actively participate in the many coaching and mentoring activities, breakout sessions, teach-back moments and presentations.
Never. The Agile Team Facilitation Certificate issued by ICAgile after this certification program has lifetime validity.
Usually within a few days after completion of the course, ICAgile will send you your certificate.
Two weeks before the start of the course you will receive your workbook. We ask you to print the pages and use them during the session. At the end of the program you can bind them together with the slides you found interesting and other notes you took during the session, to keep as a reference.
We will send you an invitation to join our Zoom conference room by email. The link will open a window. If you have never used Zoom before, we recommend you open this window a couple of minutes before the session starts so you can download the application if your browser requires this. You can then keep the window open untill your trainer opens the classroom and the session begins.
We offer an extensive follow-up program to all our students including two sessions with a professional coach. You can claim your two coaching sessions after your course. These sessions are there to help you get on your feet as an Agile Coach, but if you wish, you may address a completely different challenge with your coach. It is up to you how you use these valuable moments with your coach.
“Nothing beats in-person conversations. We love to hear more about you, your company or team and learn how to adapt our services to your specific needs.
Drop us a line and we’ll call you back as soon as possible to arrange a meeting with you and your teams. This meeting is of course free of charge! Inviting The Agile Company to meet with your teams is usually the first step into getting objective and honest feedback and may serve as an eyeopener to your organisations cultural dynamics.”